Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trey's Adenoidectomy




Today was your surgery, and I can not tell you how bad I was dreading this!!!! I played it out in my head over and over every day just waiting for it to be over! I even had your anesthesiologist's underwear in a tangle lol--he even had the nerve to pull Daddy out of our "room" to tell him I was being demanding and making the situation harder lol. My requests were simple I promise lol, but your my baby and I just wanted things done my way lol!!! As you will see in the pictures your not in a gown--that was your Momma--the gown scared you and you wanted your Spider Man jammies so I politely said I wasn't putting it on you and if they wanted it on they could do it after you were asleep--they never changed you:) You also refused to take off both slippers lol.  See how we were there when you were waking up--again my requests were simple!!! Our 1st nurse wasn't awful but she wasn't comforting you so I found you a better one--one with a 4 year old and who could relate--she actually carried you to your surgery so you didn't have to be wheeled away. Even though I was crying my eyes out when you left I had to smile as I watched Mr. Tightwad (anesthesiologist) follow behind you carrying bot 1 but 2 of your stuffed animals under his arms lol. Your surgery went awesome, and our AMAZING doctor said he had never seen adenoids so big before on a 4 year old--he described them as corks blocking your nostrils. After all the healing you are going to breathe sooooo much better and probably have a little bit of a different voice.  The 1st time you actually got with it when they were waking you up you hopped right over the bar on your bed and into my arms--needless to say that is where you stayed until we got to walk out of there!!! Then as you were still barely coherent and we were walking to the car you asked when you would be getting your new train we promised you right before they took you away lol. You have been the BEST patient ever--you literally NEVER once complained about being in pain and were eating normal foods the same day!!!


This was when they were waking you up after surgery
Showing Mommy & Daddy your IV
 Going in and out while you was waking up

You got offered an otter pop right away
As you can tell from Mommy's face you were kicking and saying you wanted to go home and wouldn't sit still and you really wanted this off your toe
 
GiGi was waiting for you in the waiting room
Aunt Shanel brought you your favorite Red Velvet cupcake, and you ATE IT, but you still looked really out of it...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails