Monday, February 8, 2010

My Home visit with the Midwives!

Today the midwives came to our house to get a feel for where the baby will be born. They brought all their equipment with them and did my normal visit stuff right at the house... blood pressure, doppler for the heart beat, urine test, ect. They always feel around my belly to see how he is positioned and today they guessed he is weighing in right on the border of 6 lbs. He is head down and ready to go. I am safe to deliver at home starting this Thursday but am on bed rest till Friday just to try and let him bake longer. So both of of our Moms joined us for this appointment so they too could ask questions and meet the midwives. I am not going to lie my Mom not so much a fan, but the idea really does not bother Marks so at least we are balanced-lol. As of today I am 35 weeks and 5 days.
Listening to Boston's heart beat
Me showing the midwives my bathtub--luckily I have a deep Jacuzzi tub so its perfect!
The moms getting to ask their questions...

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh, I'm freaking out!! Keep us posted! I want to know how it goes.

Jessica Stoker said...

You are really brave! On another subject where did you find your couch I love it.

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

Jessica its from Design Source

The Griegers said...

I didn't realize you are doing a home birth! wow you are one brave girl! I would be scared out of my mind! Do they think you will deliver sooner rather than later?

Related Posts with Thumbnails