Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Contractions!

Today I went and had a quick little hospital stay to monitor some contractions that wouldn't stop. Mark and I were driving around finishing up paperwork and errands for the new house, and were in the car for 2.5 hours which I am guessing why they started because of the pressure in that position of me sitting and not getting up and moving around--that or stress which I am dealing with a TON of(obviously I know I shouldn't stress so don't all call and tell me to relax--it won't work) Anyways when we got to the hospital my contractions were 4 minutes apart for about 2 hours and when they checked me I am almost dilated to a 3(this actually is no different that either boy), but they gave me some test to see if a hormone had been released in my body that meant I was in preterm labor, but this hormone was not anywhere so they said they were 99% sure that I would not have the baby in the next 2 weeks, which is perfect because I am 2 days shy of 34 weeks so if I can go 2 more weeks and get to 36 they will be happy. So I am back at home now taking it easy, and dwelling on the fact that I should pack my bag, the boys bag, Mark's bag, & the diaper bag lol since I felt to so unprepared sitting there--I suppose we should pick her name out too:)

1 comment:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I think the absolute worst thing you can tell someone who is stressed for any reason is to relax! I just want to kick people who say that. Yeah, because you WANT to be stressed, right? Ugh. Did they put you on bed rest?

Related Posts with Thumbnails